Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2013

E.X.O.'s First Album, XOXO



Having another boyband to capture my heart is a bad idea. After all, who has the time for another boyband, right? Well, I tried hard to stay away but I really, really E.X.O.'s debut album, XOXO!

Of course I've heard of EXO, they've been around for so long. It's just hard to believe that it's only their first album since it's been so long since they had their debut. But technically, they're still a newbie boyband, right? Anyway, it's a relief that they released an album of this quality! Who would have thought, right?

Okay, before Exotics shower me with insults, I actually mean it in a good way, I think. It's just that SM had pushed the release of their debut album for so long that fans had lowered their expectations for the album. (I follow so many Exotics on Tumblr, so believe me I know haha.) Then the album's released and we get better than expected!

I know that it's Shinee that was pegged to be the next TVXQ, but EXO's songs gave me more of that feel. I don't know. It's probably the mix of mid-tempo, ballad and powerful songs in one album? I'm not sure. I'm no music expert! Haha.

I am far from being an Exotic, but right now, I'm loving this album. I have to admit though that I haven't listened to EXO-M's (Hug Ver.) version yet. But from what I've heard from EXO-K, I think SM is on a good track. Just as long as they keep up the releases, I'm pretty sure that EXO can yield good results as well, as good as the sales and impact as other SM boybands anyway!

Wolf isn't my favorite song from the album, but it sure grows on me! My favorites definitely have to be Baby, Don't Cry and Don't Go! I can listen to those two songs all day! I also like 3.6.5. and Peter Pan! I'm so frustrated because I don't who's singing, though. I guess I have to familiarize with the boys first!

I'm far from being an Exotic, and I don't think I can afford to be addicted to another boyband. But I really like where EXO is going with their music, and I'm pretty sure Chanyeol is out to capture my heart. Yep, he's just so so so cute.

To end this post on a really happy note, below are some of my favorite photos from their album jacket and promo materials. I definitely love the school concept. It's so simple but I'd take it anytime over the weird concepts SM come up with.







All photo credits go to EXO Gallery @ minus.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...