Pages

Thursday 2 May 2013

Bokura ga Ita Kohen (2012)


Months after I watched the first movie, I finally got to download the second part, thanks to the free leech days of Asiatorrents for the Songkran holiday! Good thing I liked the first movie that I didn't forget anything important to confuse me while watching this one. Though I can say that I generally enjoy it, Bokura ga Ita Kohen confuses me. It's so beautifully-shot, and Yano and Nana-chan, played by Ikuta Toma and Yoshitaka Yuriko respectively, have so much chemistry. But it confuses me, and I still don't know whether I liked it or not.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first movie. It covers the parts of the manga that I read, and I thought it was a pretty good adaptation. But I haven't read the manga or watched the anime that the last part covered so I cannot talk about its adaptation.

Bokura ga Ita Kohen covers Yano and Nana's story after they parted ways. It has been years since they last saw each other, since they bid farewell in that train platform. So how's the long distance relationship working for our love birds? Well, they're as love struck as ever. But you know how it doesn't always work as well as they hope, and distance has a way of separating two couples and not just by distance.

I always feel like Yano didn't fully express his love for Nana in Bokura ga Ita Zenpen, but for the second movie, we get a closer look at who he is as Yano and as the Yano who loves Nana. I pretty much feel like he goes through way too many hardships for someone his age, and I understand why he does what he does. But that doesn't stop me from feeling sorry for Nana.

Honestly, I somehow felt like it got a tad too dragging in the middle. Or maybe too depressing stories don't sit well with me. However, this little slip doesn't stop me from enjoying it still. There's something about the chemistry between Ikuta Toma and Yoshitaka Yuriko that makes me love them. Obviously, I love screencapping all their scenes together!

It's weird because there's really nothing that different about this story. But it's really the character of the bubbly and strong Nana and the troubled Yano that make this story work. I guess the two just fit like a puzzle. Nana's bubbliness isn't annoying or overly done. She's optimistic but she also knows how to complain and she definitely knows how to make a stand. Yano seems like any other manga character out there. He's smart, good-looking, popular and has a good personality. He also has problems that he learned to hide behind a smile. But these two go out of their usual mold and become two characters who become different once they're together!

And obviously, I ship them.

But you see, there's something that makes me uncomfortable here. Whenever Yano leaves or plans to leave, he asks Takeuchi, his best friend who has a one-side love for Nana-chan, to take care of Nana. And Takeuchi takes on the task as if Nana wants him to take care of her. These two guys are foolish enough to think that Nana can't take care of herself! From what we see in both movies, she's a strong person who may get sidetracked by love, but of all the characters in this movie, she's probably the one who knows herself the most. She's probably the strongest, too. That's why I was happy that she moved on. That's why I was happy that she had the heart to reject Take and stopped waiting around for Yano.

That's why I don't really understand why I love these two very, very much. Usually when the guy gives no credit for the girl's own strength, it's enough to turn me off. But argh, they're just so adorable, I cannot not love them.

And that ends my rather bipolar rant about this movie. I was bored, I was entertained, I got annoyed, but I loved it anyway.


10 comments:

  1. You're back! I love the review! And I completely agree with you! I loved this movie and I love this couple to bits! But that not-giving-Nana-enough-credit part bothered me too..
    Well thanks for the awesome review! :D
    ~ Hira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, I didn't really know anyone's reading? Haha! I was a lazy, lazy blogger last month. Haha.

      Thanks!!! :)

      Delete
    2. Haha! Oh, I'm a regular reader and I really love your reviews! :D

      Delete
    3. You have no idea how much that makes me so happy!!!!! TT____TT

      Delete
    4. Hehe! I'm glad :D
      Oh, I replied to your comment on my post.. thanks for checking out my blog btw :)

      Delete
    5. does any one have a link which is still working to this movie. please any one share a working link with me. please share this movie

      Delete
  2. Hi :) do you have a file of that movie? Been wanting to watch that. Thank you in advance and God bless! Email me at chrizelcustodio@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! for some reason, I can't send you an email. But here's what I'm supposed to say haha:

      I can't send you the entire movie (i don't know how haha) but you can download it from here:

      http://plotboxes.livejournal.com/

      But I think you need to have an account in Livejournal first. :) It's easy though. :) For subs: http://yuizaki-libra.livejournal.com/32861.html?thread=5575005

      Or you can download the torrent from here:

      http://www.asiatorrents.me/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=48d59439814202a1d83e6fe9e52da11faab71dab

      But you also need registration for that. :)

      Delete
  3. does anyone know where to watch this online since dramacrazy is already off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry but I don't know where you can stream it online. I can't find it anywhere. You can try downloading it from:

      http://www.hanazone.net/we-were-there-part-2-bokura-ga-ita-kohen-2012-jmovie/
      http://www.mediumquality.org/2012/10/bokura-ga-ita-kohen-2012.html
      http://doramax264.com/15334/bokura-ga-ita-kouhen-j-movie-2012/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...