Pages

Sunday 26 August 2012

10 Out of the Many Reasons to Love YongSeo


I don't really ship people in real life. I often get invested in fictional relationships but in real people? Not so much. But when a friend convinced me to watch Jung YongHwa and Seo JooHyun's stint on We Got Married, I shipped a couple for the first time. I ship them so hard that months after I finished watching their episodes, I still can't get over the YongSeo couple. Months after I watched the last episode, I still feel as if I'm going through a Goguma withdrawal. I keep coming back!

I have watched other We Got Married couples (Lettuce Couple, Adam Couple, Khuntoria Couple) but not one can replace them in my heart. I can't even finish the Khuntoria episodes because I end up watching a YongSeo episode after every Khuntoria episode that I watch. I sometimes wonder if it's still healthy. Heh.

I think I have pretty valid reasons on why I love Yong and Hyun (together and apart!). So while I was watching the last few episodes (for the hundredth time I think!), I thought, "I have to write this down." Other things need to be written but this can't wait. While my Goguma feelings are still running high, I present to you--in no particular order because I'm not really good with ranking--why the Goguma Couple is the best OTP in the history of OTPs.

But I'll put it under a cut since I know some people are afraid of delusional fans (e.g. me).


1. They're the musical couple! When there's an instrument around, expect them to pick it up and collaborate. Who can forget the first time when Yong played the guitar and Hyun played the keyboards? They sang Falling Slowly and it pretty much sent sparks flying. I got the chills when I first saw it and I still get the chills whenever I watch it. When they went to buy a guitar for Hyun, they saw other instruments like the violin and the piano and they played together. Even during the wedding photoshoot, they ended up playing the flutes together. In sync. I think it's what makes them so different from the other couples. Though there were (and there still are) WGM couples that are gasoos or from idol groups, only the YongSeo couple gave me the vibe that they're incredibly passionate about music. And remember the line from Love Light, "I'm a genie for you, girl." Gah. The fact that they inspire each other to create music is enough for me to love them. And when they collaborate, it's just magic.

2. Because they introduced me to two amazing groups! Hehehe. As I mentioned earlier, I wasn't a fan of Yong and Hyun before WGM so I didn't know much about them and their respective groups: CNBLUE and SNSD. But through the two, I became a huge fan of CNBLUE. I even bought an Earfun album and even screamed the loudest when I saw them live at Music Bank Hong Kong. I also developed a deeper appreciation for SNSD, who's one of the biggest leaders of Hallyu right now. After watching WGM, I spent a whole day memorizing the names of the 9 members and matching it to their faces. Haha.


3. I loved how they took it slowly and didn't rush into the relationship. They decided to not get married instantly and go through a preparatory stage first. SeoHyun didn't know much about boys and dating, and YongHwa respected that. They took their time in everything. They were awkward at first but over the year that they filmed WGM, they soon got over the awkwardness. I also like that little gestures such as holding hands were given time to take place. It just happens and at the right time, too! 


4. They're not too cheesy or too mushy and that's like, important. Haha! I tend to veer away from couples who are too cheesy. I don't like it when people say "I love you" so easily, after just knowing someone for a short time. They weigh their actions and words and not because they're calculative people and trying to fish for a good reaction from viewers. They weigh what they do and say because they want to mean it. They write letters for each other a lot and it's never full of cheesy stuff but just genuine messages of how much they appreciate each other.

 

5. YongSeo couple is just so realistic and believable. First, they start from this awkward couple who are completely different people. Yet, they find ways to connect to each other and they did that through music. Second, there are times when they are uncomfortable telling each other how they feel in front of the camera.  They don't act mushy and stuff whenever the camera's hovering in their faces. But when the situation demands for it, they do show their sweet side. I quite understand why other people find them boring. But the reason why they find them boring is pretty much the reason why I love them so.

6. The little things they do for each other are just so touching. Maybe I'm just being a bit biased but they just never reached the barf-inducing stage of being sweet! Instead of going overboard and subjecting one to extravagant public displays of affection, the two do things that I can actually see normal couples from doing. Like knitting scarfs for each other, making storybooks, writing songs, etc. It's all so personal and well-thought of. Who can ever forget their birthday gifts for each other? A sweet potato field as a birthday present? A simple performance of Love Light wearing a mask? It's like they really know what the other likes. Or maybe I'm just a sucker for personalized gifts. Maybe.



7. The reason I enjoyed watching YongSeo's WGM stint is because it's just like watching a movie or a drama or whatever. I mentioned this to a friend already, because y'know, I love voicing out my Goguma opinions. Haha.  They have a such a good story. It's a cute first meeting followed by awkward dates to the theater and to the blood bank and to the sweet potato field, etc. And they start to open up to each other. That's when they start to have fights which I think are normal and kyot! And it's an ever-evolving relationship. With every episode, I looked forward to how much more they'll grow and open up to each other. You see so much growth in them as individuals and that's pretty amazing. They're growing as a couple and at the same time, they're growing outwards as individuals. Does that make sense? Anyway, that's why it's never boring for me.

8. They have their own song. I was thinking if I should just let this fall under the first item, but the Banmal Song deserves its separate spot in this list. What makes the Banmal Song so special is that it tells their story. It's not a generic love song but a song that completely fits YongSeo's story. Hyun couldn't speak banmal (informal or casual language) with Yong so he decided to write a song for Hyun, wondering if maybe she could speak banmal with him. Yong composed the song, and they wrote the lyrics together. It's just too bad that when they released the official single, For the First-Time Lovers, SeoHyun couldn't record it with Yong! But it's okay because you know how the last episode goes. Heehee.
9. They influenced each other for the better, and isn't that a sign of a healthy relationship? The show pretty much let them do things out of of their comfort zone. Yong taught SeoHyun how to play the guitar, and even when they finished filming, she continued to play the instrument. She even played the guitar when guesting on a talk show. SeoHyun, on the other hand, influeced YongHwa to read. After the show, Yong is still caught reading books in the airport. Through their short but meaningful participation in We Got Married, SeoHyun learned to come out of her shell. She slowly became a more energetic person, someone who wasn't comfortable around boys ended up being friendly and bubbly around our Blue boys! Also, Yong ended up composing two songs because of SeoHyun. Obviously, someone's inspired. I just somehow feel like they got so much out of their participation in the show.
10. Because it's so obvious that they care for each other. (I KNOW, I KNOW. My delusional side is showing.) But really, it's impossible to be in a pretend relationship for a year and not feel anything. I'm not sure if SeoHyun ended up liking (or even loving) Yong, but it's so obvious that Yong cared for her and not just in a friendly way. They are so different from each other for SeoHyun is the responsible maknae while YongHwa is the childish leader. Yet, they make their relationship work.
Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.
I miss the two so much and I thought writing this out would ease this gaping hole in my Goguma heart. But noooo. It only makes me miss them more. I don't think they're seeing each other now. And I try not to hold on to the show to believe that it's possible for them to truly end up together. But I think I'll continue shipping the two until they finally announce that they're officially dating someone else.
But if one day they'd actually admit that they're seeing each other, I hope someone's with me when I find it out because I might faint for something. I don't know what I'd do! The only thing I'm sure of is that I'll be supporting them until the very end. Spoken like a true Goguma fan.
Some really good YongSeo reads and sites:

20 comments:

  1. Good work chinggu! I love how you include almost everything that I love about them! ^_______^ We might be called delusional, but who cares? as long as our goguma hearts are happy. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I actually thought I couldn't write ten reasons but look at me rave. XD I can actually write more but these ten (!!!!) Haha. Yes, we shouldn't mind what other people say. It's okay to be delusional! :)

      Delete
  2. kyaaa!!! i think i just found my partner for too obsessed with yongseo couple!! really! i am happy right now!! your situation is just like me! i just can't get enough with them! yes,, its true that me too watch other couple for make me stop to obsessed with them,, but what i get is just like you,, i stop in the middle and watch yongseo in the end~ haha >< its good to have accompanies like this><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huhuhuhu. I'm so happy to meet you! Haha. I don't know, the other couples are okay but watching them makes me miss YongSeo so much more! So there. I am also glad that I'm not alone at this silly habit of mine. Heehee. :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really agree with all of the reasons you wrote :) :)
    although yongseo is the only WGM i watch (that's why i can't compare with other couples), yongseo is cute so much! :)
    yesterday i watched WGM special, there are 3 couples compete in game. i saw that khuntoria, and adam couple, they were really close to each other. but how i see is like they were with friends. but yongseo, i got feeling of real couple (the feeling of little shy like that (i can't say in words).
    mianhae, my english is not really good. do you get what i mean? the reason no.4 and 5 is what i mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Don't worry, I understand what you mean perfectly well.^^ heehee they truly are the best! They are comfortable in a way that couples are comfortable around each other, not the way friends are.^^ Yongseo daebak! :)

      Delete
  5. These may seem very late but i dont care! :) I just LOVE how you define reasons why they're the best. in my heart I know they're dating and i wouldnt know how or what i would do if they will say that they're dating someone else :( Im a HUGE CNBLUE fan and i love yonghwa oppa, my phone's full of yonghwa oppa's pictures and songs, my phone's ringtone is YOU'VE FALLER FOR ME, i also have tons of YONGSEO pictures and i started to like seohyun-ssi because of yonghwa oppa. im a HUGE fan on SNSD as well especially yoona-ssi. both SNSD and CNBLUE's pictures are all over my wall, working area, phone and emails. so when i knew about YONGSEO, i got chills and what the heck!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! i'll always love them no matter what and i hope they really end up together. sometimes I even kid around and tell my husband that if ever yonghwa oppa courts me, ill definitely get annulment and marry oppa right away! haha I know that's not gonna happen. I just wish that someday Hyun-ssi would realize that oppa's for him and her tears we're all for love during the last few episodes. THEY'RE INLOVE!Q if someone's against me, go to YONGSHIN fansite and not here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These may seem very late but i dont care! :) I just LOVE how you define reasons why they're the best. in my heart I know they're dating and i wouldnt know how or what i would do if they will say that they're dating someone else :( Im a HUGE CNBLUE fan and i love yonghwa oppa, my phone's full of yonghwa oppa's pictures and songs, my phone's ringtone is YOU'VE FALLER FOR ME, i also have tons of YONGSEO pictures and i started to like seohyun-ssi because of yonghwa oppa. im a HUGE fan on SNSD as well especially yoona-ssi. both SNSD and CNBLUE's pictures are all over my wall, working area, phone and emails. so when i knew about YONGSEO, i got chills and what the heck!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!! i'll always love them no matter what and i hope they really end up together. sometimes I even kid around and tell my husband that if ever yonghwa oppa courts me, ill definitely get annulment and marry oppa right away! haha I know that's not gonna happen. I just wish that someday Hyun-ssi would realize that oppa's for him and her tears we're all for love during the last few episodes. THEY'RE INLOVE!Q if someone's against me, go to YONGSHIN fansite and not here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I got back to your comment late! :) Anyway, thank you! I'm glad to share my YongSeo feels with other Gogumas. :)

      It's been so long since I've watched a YongSeo episode and whenever i feel like I'm losing grasp on my love for this two, I just go back to these reasons and start loving them just as intensely as ever! :)

      Haha i wonder how your husband feels though haha :)

      Delete
  7. Hello. I, too, would like to hear that they are a couple in real life. I don't care if it's this year or 5 years from now. I also felt that they had genuine affection for each other. It actually showed that they cared for each other, that they really seemed to consider themselved a couple.

    Their characters may be very different but they made adjustments and ended up complementing each other. And, like you said Janey, they grew both as a couple and as individuals. The gentle progress of their relationship was so real that for me, they were truly an honest to goodness couple.

    BTW, your list is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lainie. Yes, up to now, I still love this pair because they've shown compatibility despite their innumerable differences. :) Yongseo, hwaiting! :)

      Delete
  8. i love everything that you said! who cares if other people call us delusional??? just don't mind those "hamburgers"... in our hearts and minds YONGSEO will always be the best OTP! <3 fighting~! :DD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we should never mind those hamburgers! :) They're still my OTP despite not having watched an old episode in weeks! Hehe hwaiting! :)

      Delete
  9. I miss them too!!!! I really hope they're together in real life!! I'm watching reruns and I never get sick of it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! Re-runs are best watched when you're missing them! Makes me love Yongseo more! <3

      Delete
  10. I am also believe that yongseo is real. I cant let them go from my live!!!! Love them so much!!!YONGSEO FOREVER♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree! And I love them too cause they're not rushed like khuntoria (like you mentioned earlier ) they're more like first love or love at the first sight... and they blood type is A, right? I ever read a book about blood type, and A is a person who is careful and always take it slowly about love, but sure... so A is a careful and slow about love, but sure.... I like them like that, cause they're shy, it makes me appreciate and happy when they do a skinship, even just a little one... that's make me realize that we must appreciate the little things in our life, cause life is not easy, like YongSeo.. YongSeo is hard to make a skinship that's why everything they make a skinship it's always really make me happy, cause they're hard to make a skinship...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa~ and I thought I'm the only delusional one! I was shocked to be reading my exact thoughts here, but was written few years back! Goosebumps!!! And I actually had the same idea to pen down why I love them so much ( I'm not a fan of k-pop, been convinced a couple of times to watch this couples, so finally started 4 days back)
    I've just finished watching the episodes... Cried! Sigh~ couldn't live with the sad-ending, so quickly re-watched episode 27 (goguma planting & "fishing") to make that MY YongSeo perfect ending!
    Still have my fingers crossed they are/will be seeing each other! Huaiting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...