Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2013

F4(ever)


I know the picture's dated 2008, but I cannot find a recent photo of F4. Their tour in Japan is known as their last concert together, but seems like it's not the last performance because they just confirmed to perform on stage together for Jiangsu TV's Spring Festival Gala! Who's excited? I know I am.

If you don't believe me, then check out the following articles:
F4 doesn't even need an introduction because they're four of the most celebrated acts in Asia. Jerry Yan, Vic Zhou (my Zaizai hee :D), Vaness Wu and Ken Chu were the ones who started the Asianovela treand in my country. And I don't think any Japanese or Korean act has achieved their popularity here. Not Super Junior, not Lee MinHo, not even Big Bang has reached the level of poularity in the Philippines the way these four did. I'm not even sure what charm these four hold that their presence seems to be immortal. I mean, Meteor Garden was released on 2001 and more than a decade later, they're still quite popular. And when we say F4, we don't think of Hana Yori Dango or Boys Over Flowers.  We think of this F4.

They ruled my world when I was 13 years old, but I have moved on. That doesn't mean that I no longer care about them! I consider them my first Asian love since they introduced me to East Asian pop culture! (It was actually ZaiZai who was the guest VJ of J/K Non-Stop on MTV China when they first played the Hug MV of TVXQ! Talk about fandom clash coincidence!)

Anyway, let's travel back in time by looking at old photos that will make you swoon and cringe at the same time. Sometimes, I still ask myself why I ended up obsessing over them. Haha.



More photos under the cut because I don't want to scare you. Haha.




Bidabest. 


Somebody send me an HQ copy of this! PLEASE! 

So this happened. 

I haven't updated myself with their activities over the years. And truthfully, the only one I actually loved with all my fangirl heart is Zaizai, and yes, he still gives me butterflies. But I have long stopped watching Taiwanese drams and have only recently started Taiwanese movies. But I googled them again and I'm just proud of these four. Though they're not as big as the old days, I'm happy for them and their individual accomplishments!

I'll try to watch something of theirs in the following months. I'm pretty sure it won't be easy to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...