Pages

Monday 6 August 2012

Oguri Shun and Okada Masaki Star on Space Brothers


Plot: 
When Mutta was 12-years-old and Hibito was 9-years-old the two brothers saw what they thought was an UFO flying towards the moon. They made a pact then to become astronauts and one day fly into space together.  
Fast forward to the year 2025. Older brother Mutta (Oguri Shun) works as for an automotive company and his younger brother Hibito (Okada Masaki) works as an astronaut. Although Mutta failed to follow through on his childhood promise, after losing his job, he receives a phone call from Hibito which reignites his childhood dream of flying into outer space. (Asianwiki)

I laughed so much when I saw the poster. How can that guy be Oguri Shun?! Haha. You know an actor is serious about his craft when he's willing to go through drastic changes just to play out a character. I've loved Oguri Shun since Gokusen, and I think I'll love him even more in this movie.

I have only seen two works of Okada Masaki (I Give My First Love to You and Confession) and loved him in both. So yes, I am pretty psyched to see this movie. I won't say no to some bromance and brotherly love.

The premise of the movie seems promising, too. It's based on a manga, Ucho Kyodai, and I happen to like movies based on mangas. I wonder how this one plays out. It was already released on Japan May of this year and was screened on the 2012 Puchon International Fantastic Film Festival.

See some stills and the trailer below:










Sources: Asianwiki + FTG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...